Wishlist for new functions of EAC 1.0

Dieses Thema im Forum "Exact Audio Copy - English" wurde erstellt von Andre Wiethoff, 1 Dezember 2010.

1. wahnsinn

wahnsinn
    Expand Collapse

1) When getting CD info, CTDB plugin (2.1.6) sometimes takes a very long time to download album art. (Reason: for some discs, several different images exist, as well as different resolutions; also, download from the db is speed capped). This can take several minutes (esp. with "large" image setting) and the user has no way of cancelling (or indeed of confirming any of the selected information/art).
    I would therefore suggest to display the "OK" button right away, instead of waiting until the end of the data gathering process.

2) When verifying a completed rip, CTDB plugin (2.1.6) sometimes fails to contact its database (presumably due to temporary network problems, high traffic, etc etc).
    I would therefore suggest an option to manually repeat the CTDB verification. If successful, the .log should get updated with the results (and then a new log checksum added at the end, if that option is enabled).

#141 wahnsinn, 13 Januar 2017
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15 Januar 2017
  2. wahnsinn

wahnsinn
    Expand Collapse

Suggestion regarding the character replacement settings:
    I would like to be able to match multiple characters.
    For example, EAC can replace ":", but it currently cannot check whether there are any spaces before or after the colon. The custom fields at the bottom of the tab only permit 1 character inputs, so it's not just a matter of adding " :" and ": " and " : " and "*:*" there. Also, as Im writing this, the functionality Im envisioning would probably have to include some form of wildcard or regexp matching, if one wanted to check for the ABSENCE of space characters before or after the character that is to be replaced.

Example:
    Current features; default settings:
    track title (metadata) = "abc: xyz" becomes "abc- xyz"

Current features; modified settings:
    replace ":" with " -" (preceding space)
    "abc: xyz" becomes "abc - xyz" (space on either side, this is what it should look like as far as I'm concerned)

However, this setting only works for the above example (which is the most common use of the colon in track titles to be sure), but it obviously messes up for track titles like:
    "abc:xyz" which becomes: "abc -xyz" (preceding space)
    and
    "abc : xyz" which becomes: "abc -xyz" (two preceding spaces)

3. karne

karne
    Expand Collapse

I've been using EAC since 1999 - what a great program it is. Thank you, Andre!
    What I always missed is an automatically created cue sheet when ripping to separate tracks.

So I wish for a "copy cd as tracks & create cue sheet" command. Or an "always create cue sheet" option.

It would suffice with the noncompliant method, since I think most people rip either to image or to noncompliant tracks.

4. Caudio12

Caudio12
    Expand Collapse

EAC autoloader compatibility?
    I have used EAC for more than 500 CD to flac and are now looking for alternatives.
    Acronova produce the ok priced autoloader Nimbi USB plus,
    http://www.acronova.com/product/aut...ublisher-ripper-nimbie-usb-nb21/9/review.html
    Today it supports dbpoweramp, and a supporting utility from Broadex system, QQGetTray, but so far I don't think the Nimbi autloader together with QQGetTray will work with EAC.
    Anyone tried out to get it work with EAC?
    I assume some new features in EAC is needed, such as auto start after CD rip is finished, auto select track list, auto save log, and ?
    /Chris

Die Seite wird geladen...

Diese Seite empfehlen